CDW-G AND DISCOVERY EDUCATION 2013 "WIN A WIRELESS LAB" SWEEPSTAKES
The 2013 Win a Wireless Lab Sweepstakes is now closed. For winner updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("D.C.") UNDER U.S. LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (19 OR OLDER IN ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA) WHO ARE EMPLOYED AT ACCREDITED PUBLIC, PRIVATE OR PAROCHIAL SCHOOLS IN THE UNITED STATES. SEE COMPLETE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN RULE 1, BELOW.
VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The CDW-G and Discovery Education 2013 "Win A Wireless Lab" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age and older (19 and older in AL and NE) and who are employed, during the Term of the Sweepstakes (as defined in Rule 2, below) and when prizes are awarded, at accredited public, private or parochial schools in the United States that: (a) are organized and primarily operated for educational purposes; (b) contain any class with students from Kindergarten through Grade 12; and (c) are either (i) considered tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Code or (ii) registered as a public school with the National Center for Educational Statistics. Employees of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor") and CDW Government, Inc., their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Sweepstakes Administrator"), and the immediate family members (spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, children and siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate. Sponsor may require verification of eligibility at any time. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their employers relative to their participation in trade promotions and should check with their employer for any relevant policies. For all prizes except the Refer-A-Friend prize, entrants are entering on behalf of their schools and not in an individual capacity. The Refer-A Friend prize will be awarded to the entrant.
2. TERM: The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on January 3, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on May 3, 2013 (the "Term").
3. TO ENTER: To obtain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, go to the Win a Wireless Lab Sweepstakes page at http://WinaWirelessLab.com and click on the "Enter to Win" button. Complete the online entry form by providing all requested entry information and answering all questions, and submit your entry (an "Online Entry").
You may earn additional entries into the Sweepstakes by referring others to the Sweepstakes via the unique referral link ("personal sharing link") that will appear on your computer screen after you have submitted your Sweepstakes entry. You will receive one bonus entry the first time each person you referred enters the Sweepstakes via your personal sharing link ("Bonus Entry").
An eligible entrant may obtain one (1) additional entry each day into the Sweepstakes by using his/her Twitter® account to submit a message (i.e. a "Tweet") via the entry confirmation page on the Official Entry form (a "Twitter Entry"). Twitter accounts are available online free of charge. The message posted through Twitter will state that the person has entered the Sweepstakes, and will also contain the URL http://twitter.com/WinWirelessLab or an abbreviated URL. Sponsor will not collect or store Twitter usernames or passwords. Sponsor will not have ongoing access to the entrant's Twitter account. Sweepstakes is not affiliated with or endorsed by Twitter.
All entries must be received by Sponsor's server by 5:00 PM ET on May 3, 2013. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Twitter account. Limit one (1) Online Entry per person/email address, per day and one (1) Twitter Entry per person/Twitter account per day. There is no limit on the number of Bonus Entries that may be earned each day of the Term in accordance with these Official Rules.
Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
4. WEEKLY DRAWINGS/PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): For each week of the Term, the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing to award one (1) prize as outlined below.
|Entry Period||Random Drawing||Prize and Value|
|January 3 - 10, 2013||January 14, 2013||Avertm Doc Cam, ARV $750|
|January 11 - 17, 2013||January 21, 2013||Avertm Doc Cam, ARV $750|
|January 18 - 24, 2013||January 28, 2013||Avertm Doc Cam, ARV $750|
|January 25 - 31, 2013||February 4, 2013||Avertm Doc Cam, ARV $750|
|February 1 - 7, 2013||February 11, 2013||Epson® Projector, ARV $2,500|
|February 8 - 14, 2013||February 18, 2013||Epson® Projector, ARV $2,500|
|February 15 - 21, 2013||February 25, 2013||Epson® Projector, ARV $2,500|
|February 22 - 28, 2013||March 4, 2013||Epson® Projector, ARV $2,500|
|March 1 - 14, 2013||March 18, 2013||Xerox® Multifunction Printer, ARV $2,500|
|March 15 - 21, 2013||March 25, 2013||Xerox® Multifunction Printer, ARV $2,500|
|March 22 - 28, 2013||April 1, 2013||Xerox® Multifunction Printer, ARV $2,500|
|March 29 - April 4, 2013||April 8, 2013||Xerox® Multifunction Printer, ARV $2,500|
|April 5 - 11, 2013||April 15, 2013||Sony® Notebook computer, ARV $500|
|April 12 - 18, 2013||April 22, 2013||Sony® Notebook computer, ARV $500|
|April 19 - 25, 2013||April 29, 2013||Sony® Notebook computer, ARV $500|
|April 26 - May 3, 2013||May 7, 2013||Sony® Notebook computer, ARV $500|
A total of sixteen (16) weekly prizes will be awarded. Each prize will be awarded to the school by whom the selected entrant is employed. The winner in each drawing will be selected from among all eligible entries received through all entry methods combined during the specified weekly Entry Period corresponding to that drawing. Entries from any weekly drawing do not carry over to subsequent weekly drawings; however all entries from all weekly drawings will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing (see Rule 5, below). Limit one (1) weekly prize per school.
5. GRAND PRIZE DRAWINGS/PRIZES: On or about May 9, 2013, the Sweepstakes Administrator will conduct separate random drawings to select a total of two (2) Grand Prize winning schools to each receive a Classroom Technology Bundle, as follows:
- One (1) Grand Prize winning school will be drawn from among all eligible entries received during the entire Term
- One (1) Grand Prize winning school will be drawn from among all eligible entries received during the entire Term from entrants employed by suburban and rural schools combined.
Schools will be placed into the suburban/rural random drawing category according to classifications defined by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Each Grand Prize will consist of a Mobile Wireless Lab.
- One school will receive twenty (20) Lenovo® Notebook or Tablet PCs.
- One school will receive twenty (20) HP® Notebook or Tablet PCs.
Decisions as to which school receives which prize package will be made at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All Classroom Technology Bundles will also include: three (3) Ciscotm wireless access points; one (1) Ergotron® Notebook Cart; one (1) Steelcase Polyvision® eno all-in-one with projector and stand; one (1) Qwizdom® 24 vote set; one (1) AVerMedia® document camera, and one (1) HP® multifunction printer. Each Grand Prize will also include a $5,000 Digital Media Grant for online Discovery Education products or services to be customized for the winning school. Grant may not be used for services to which the winning school currently subscribes. Total ARV of each Grand Prize is $40,000.
6. REFER-A-FRIEND PRIZE: At the end of the Term, representatives of the Sponsor will tally the number of Bonus Entries that each entrant received by referring others to the Sweepstakes via the unique referral link that appeared on his/her computer screen after submitting a Sweepstakes entry. The one (1) entrant who received the greatest number of Bonus Entries will receive the following prize: Samsung Tablet computer, ARV $500. In the event of a tie for the Refer-A-Friend Prize, the prize recipient will be determined by a random drawing from among all such tied entrants.
7. ODDS OF WINNING PRIZES/CLAIMING PRIZES: Odds of winning a weekly drawing prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received through all entry methods combined for each weekly drawing. Odds of winning the overall Grand Prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received through all entry methods combined during the entire Term. Odds of winning the suburban/rural school Grand Prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received from entrants employed by suburban and rural schools through all entry methods combined during the entire Term. Odds of winning the Refer-A-Friend Prize will depend on the number of Bonus Entries earned during the entire Term. An authorized representative of each weekly prize and Grand Prize winning school (and entrants who submitted winning entries), and the potential Refer-A-Friend Prize winner may be required, as a condition of the awarding of each prize, to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within 30 days of receipt of notification letter. Failure to do so, or return of prize notification as undeliverable, or the determination by Sponsor that any potential winner is ineligible to receive a prize, will cause that prize to be forfeited and: (a) with respect to a weekly drawing prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winning school chosen in a random drawing from among the remaining entries in the applicable drawing pool; (b) with respect to a Grand Prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winning school chosen in a random drawing from among the remaining entries in the applicable drawing pool; (c) with respect to the Refer-A-Friend Prize, the prize will be awarded to the entrant who earned the next-highest number of Bonus Entries during the Term. The prizes consist only of the items described above. Any other related expenses and costs (if any) not expressly listed above as being included with a prize, are solely the responsibility of the prize winner.
Prizes are non-transferable and may not be offered for sale or at auction. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed, in whole or in part, except as provided herein or at Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
8. GENERAL: The total ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes is $105,500. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Income taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winning school (with respect to the Grand Prizes) and of the winning entrant (with respect to the Refer-A-Friend Prize). By participating, entrants and their schools agree: (a) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, CDW Government, Inc., the Sweepstakes Administrator, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives and each of their respective directors, officers and employees, from and against any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from or in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize (if awarded to them) including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or software transmissions, damage to entrants' or any person's computer or wireless device and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; all such entries will be disqualified; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the winners; or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, changes in social media policies, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof.If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date of the Term, then: (a) the weekly prize corresponding to the weekly Entry Period then in progress will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received in that Entry Period prior to the time termination occurred. Thereafter, no further weekly drawings will be conducted and no further weekly prizes will be awarded; (b) the Sponsor will select the winner of each Grand Prize in separate random drawings from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination time and date for each Grand Prize; and (c) the Sponsor will award the Refer-A-Friend Prize to the entrant who generated the greatest number of valid, non-suspect Bonus Entries as of the time/date of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or any aspect of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON ANDHIS/HER SCHOOL (IF FOUND BY SPONSOR TO BE COMPLICT) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of allowable entries per day by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will result in disqualification of that person and his/her school from the Sweepstakes and the voiding of all entries s/he submitted. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party website or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a website, service or entry method, as applicable, and to disqualify such individual's school. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions arising from acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of Sponsor's reasonable control.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, each Sweepstakes entrant agrees that: (a) All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of such entrant and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of Illinois without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any other jurisdiction; and (b) Any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or to the awarding of any prize, shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal courts located in the State of Maryland and such entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of any prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 31, 2013, to: 2013 CDW-G/Discovery Education "Wireless Lab" Winners, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Winners' names may also be posted on WAWL's social media pages.
SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC All rights reserved.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook or Twitter. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights are reserved.
All third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related materials is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.